How place a bet on the Grand National 2014
By Michael Flynn, Apr 5 2014 07:32AM
Guide on how to place a bet on the Grand National.
1. Choose a good bookmaker with the following:
A least five places for each way.
Sign up bonus to make more of your money.
I personally reccommend Betfair Sportsbook for this years Grand National as they have a great £20 bonus for new customers, good odds and pay five places. They will also give a refund if your horse doesn't finish.
Click here to go to Betfair ( in a new tab so you can follow this guide!)
The other bookmakers with good offers are listed here.
2. Sign up your new account, you will need to provide your details and payment information. To get the £20 bonus you will need to deposit at least £20.
3. Go to the Grand National Section.
4. Pick your horse, now with the Grand National this is easier said then done. Remember the favourite will probably not win!
I usually go on the name for this race, not very technical!
If you are really stuck on which horse to pick, I have found a great little generator tool to pick for you! click here to be amazed.
5. Pick the horse on the bookmakers page and add to betslip.
6. Pick the type of bet you would like to place:
It will either be win or each way.
Win is for the horse to finish first.
Each way is two bets, one for the horse to win and one bet for the horse to finish in the top 5 places.
If you put £10 to win you bet £10.
If you bet £10 each way you are betting £20.
7. Confirm the bet.
8. Watch the race and get very excited!
Very simple indeed, thanks for the guide. I have opened an account with Betfair and have chosen Burton Point. Really looking forward to the race.